Sunday, September 12, 2010

BARNEY

2009 -- Still the sleepy head, my mom woke me up one fine Sunday morning to show me this brown, fat, cuddly creature which later became our pet dog named Barney.

A good neighbor gave him to us after finding out that we do not have a house dog. Mama originally rejected the offer but how can she not be swooned by this cute puppy?  Thick thighs and short legs plus the rounded face and that short neck where a gold bell was hanging (lovely how it jingles every time the puppy runs back and forth).


Growing up, Barney is an active and charming dog. He may bark at those people whom he's not familiar with but when he learns that you're a visitor, he will just go around to make "pa-cute" and "papansin". On times when the phone rings, he will even run before you as if he's the one who will be taking the call. Gaaaaaah!

Everything about him is lovable except for his fondness of getting out of the house. I just hate it when he runs out every time we open the gate. I'm just too scared that one day he might not be able to find the way to our house again.
pardon my haggardness... hahaha!
Barney is well behaved during bath times. He's a "picky" eater. He loves his belly rub and his water fresh from the faucet. His favorite hangout? In front of the fan!

Now that you're no longer with us, who's gonna chase them naughty cats trespassing the house? And who's gonna welcome me home at the gate after a tiring day from work?

"A dog is a man's best friend..." -- indeed.


I love you and I will miss you Barneykokoy... =(

9 comments:

Pammy said...

Awww sis. I was saddened by this post. I just watched several dog movies and now I read this post.

squishymishy said...

huhuhuhuhu! I will miss Barney too, kahit di ko cya kilala :-(

Joyce Reyes said...

@ pammy: it is soooo sad.... ;(( missing this sweet dog so much...

@ foxfire0160: huhuhuhuhuhu... so sad talaga... no more pasaway in the house...

haz said...

sad naman yan. I feel for you. =(

Joyce Reyes said...

@ haz: it is... ;(

sapphirelove said...

huwaaat?? ka-sad naman! I won't ask what happened cause you'll be sad lang ;(

man! katakot! my dog's too hyper then na nakaka-inis but uber love so, if something happens to him ohno! Idk.

aaaw.. you'll have another Barney soon to make you and your family smile :) isipin mo nalang Barney's your pet angel na :)

Joyce Reyes said...

@ sapphirelove: nakakapanibago talaga... :D sana we can get a new dog soon... ;) dogs are love...

archiemb said...

natouch naman ako dito JOycie. namiss ko tuloy si TinTin at naalala ko na naman si Hachiko... :((

RIP Barney!

Joyce Reyes said...

@ paddylast: so you have a dog too... hey... have you seen hachiko? was is good?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails